Frequently Asked Questions – Circuit Clerk

c Expand All C Collapse All

Circuit Clerk (15)

Some registered voters are eligible to vote absentee because of age, health or work demands, or their affiliation with the U.S. armed forces. For example, voters who will be outside their county of residence on election day are entitled to vote by absentee ballot. Please check with your Circuit to determine if you are entitled to vote absentee and to learn the procedures for doing so.

Absentee voting deadlines come early to help assure your ballot is counted. If you know you will vote absentee, contact your Circuit 601-267-8357, at least two weeks before the election.

Voter-Info-Change-Form or call the Circuit Clerk Office at 601-267-8357

Contact the Circuit Clerk’s office 601-267-8357

The Circuit Clerk’s office issues marriage licenses.  You must bring a blood test receipt dated within the last 30 days, a picture id, and if you are under 21, you must obtain your parent’s signature on the registration form.

Contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office.

You can request a ballot up to 45 days in advance through the mail, or you can visit the Circuit Clerk’s office.

In order to register, go to the Circuit Clerk’s office.  It is helpful to know your 911 address and social security number. The minimum voting age is 18. You must register at least 30 days prior to any election to be entitled to vote in that election.

You can request a ballot up to 45 days in advance through the mail, or you can visit the Circuit Clerk’s office.


Please visit to schedule an appointment for a drivers license




Online Renewal of Drivers License:


Contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office.

Applicants must obtain a marriage license

  • Both bride and groom must appear together
  • Present valid ID of both (each must be at least 21 years)
    • birth certificate or drivers license
  • If under 21 , a parent(s) must sign or a court order may be required
  • Payment of Filing Fee
  • Confirm any recent divorce is finalized (by a signed order) — the Clerk does not need proof

30 days prior to an election

Contact the Circuit Clerk’s office.

Call the Circuit Clerk’s office at 601-267-8357 or visit our Locator page

The courthouse is located at:

Court Square
Main Street
Carthage MS 39051
Phone: 601-267-8357
Fax: 601-267-8889

Scroll to Top